Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Addition

Article about: Hi Guys Thought I would share my latest addition...actually it was a birthday gift to myself ;-) It's an L/53 Hymmen with the dimple or semi hollow reverse. These are also found with a flat

Default New Addition

Hi Guys

Thought I would share my latest addition...actually it was a birthday gift to myself ;-)

It's an L/53 Hymmen with the dimple or semi hollow reverse. These are also found with a flat back as well.
    This has both the catch and hinge with the so-called star crimp attachment method. At some point Hymmen changed the hinge crimp to a flat style crimp; possibly problems with strength of the "star" attachment method.

These can be found from time to time; the difficult part is to find one with any finish remaining.
    Considered one of the ugly duckling's of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen world (along with the C. Wild variant) these have a beauty all there own.

Best Regards, fischer

New AdditionNew Addition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Addition
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Addition

Excellent badge! Nice birthday present!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I've never seen this variant before so thank you for posting it here. It's a beauty.

Really unusual reverse but an interesting one.

I didn't realise there were still badges out there for you to collect! Was this from a dealer or a private sale? Considering the rarity of this badge you were lucky to find it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Excellent badge! Happy Bday dude. i like it.

I like it. Was this an infantry badge awarded for bravery in combat? I must get a book on these badges and decorations.

An excellant example fischer!
    Very interesting, I have seen a few from this maker with the flat crimp on the hinge and the star crimp on the catch, but I don't ever remember seeing one with both star crimps before. But then again, maybe just never noticed. I am pretty sure that the ones that you are still after do not come along too often at all.
    Congrats, and a Happy Birthday!
    Sorry I missed it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    I like it. Was this an infantry badge awarded for bravery in combat? I must get a book on these badges and decorations.
    Borrowed from another website:

Award Criteria

The silver Infantry Assault Badge was awarded to enlisted men, officers, NCO's of rifle companies (not in Motorized Infantry Divisions) and Mountain Troop companies. As mentioned above on June 1, 1940, the Bronze Infantry Assault Badge was instituted for Motorized Infantry regiments. To view the story of a recipient, please see the Rudolph HillebrandAward criteria was as follows:

SILVER AWARD:

To have taken part in three or more infantry assaults.
    To have taken part in three or more infantry counter-attacks.
    To have taken part in three or more armed reconnaissance operations.
    To have engaged in hand to hand combat in an assault position.
    To have participated on three separate days in the restitution of combat positions.

BRONZE AWARD:

To have taken part in three or more motorized infantry assaults.
    To have taken part in three or more motorized infantry counter-attacks.
    To have taken part in three or more motorized armed reconnaissance operations.
    To have been engaged in hand to hand combat in motorized assault positions.
    To have participated on three separate days, in the restitution of a motorized combat position.

The attacks had to take place on different days, in the event that they took place on one day only one "credit" was earned.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Many thanks for the info. These awards didn't come easy.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments...

Hi Adrian...this one was a private sale and yes, there are still examples I need.

Best Regards, fischer

Very nice Hymmen IAB Fischer.