Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver

Article about: Hello All, I am working on a deal for a few medals, this Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in silver being one of them. The back of the awards says "S. H. u. Co. 44" (Sohni, Heubach

?

Default Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver

Hello All,

I am working on a deal for a few medals, this Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in silver being one of them. The back of the awards says "S. H. u. Co. 44" (Sohni, Heubach & Co). I know that they were a legitimate maker of these awards, but I was hoping for a confirmation on authenticity. I have asked for more photos of the pin and catch, but I am still waiting. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver   Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver  

Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver   Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I believe it is S.H.u. Co 41 , not 44 . Looks good to me , but it does look to be repaired on the retention hook .

?

Thank you, Chris! Now that I look a little closer it does look like a "41".

CBH
    ?

The repair will effect the value , but as with all things , it worth what your willing pay .

Looking around dealer sites , see what you can get them for , it's always nicer to have a perfect badge .

Yep, it's an original SHuCo '41. Stewy

Hello Doug

As stated by the others here, this one is an original S.H.u.Co. 41 marked example and is the (4) vein variant.
    Judging by the pitting on the reverse and the appearance of oxidation on the obverse, I would say it was at best stored badly or most likely a ground dug example.

Also, as Chris states, the catch is not original and has either been replaced/repaired.
    This is very detrimental to any collector value this ISA might have.

As the S.H.u.Co. 41 ISA's are a (relatively speaking) common example, my advice would be to pass and search for another.

Here are my two (4) vein maker marked examples to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver   Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver  

Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver   Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver  

?

Thank you all!

Fischer, what do you mean by "4 vein"?

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thank you all!

Fischer, what do you mean by "4 vein"?
    Hello Doug,
    If you count the veins on the top right leaf, (1R leaf), you will see that there are only 4 veins on the leaf. On the "5 Vein" example there is another vein.
    Here is one of mine as an example.
    Ralph.

Original Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)