Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Pab & iab

Article about: Panzerkampf Abzeichen & Infanterie Sturmabzeichen badges for sale, are any of these original? Thank you Ado

ado
    ?

Default Pab & iab

Panzerkampf Abzeichen & Infanterie Sturmabzeichen badges for sale, are any of these original?

Thank you
    Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IAB1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	190981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IAB2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	190982  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pab2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	190979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pab1.jpg 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	190980  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pab & iab

Hello

The PSA has the classic Wiedmann hardware set up and maker mark. That being said, these are not my field of study and will leave it to someone else with a greater knowledge of these badges to confirm originality.

The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is a solid zinc unmarked variant attributted to the firm of Berg & Nolte. In my research of B&NL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's I have found that there are (3) different solid zinc examples. These vary with different hardware set ups with this one having a sheet metal hinge. Of the three this one is the hardest to track down IMO. Another interesting feature of this maker is the unique way the catch is fitted into a cut out section of the badge and soldered in place.

Unfortunately, the finish is not what I am used to seeing on these and/or it is almost gone. Also, the pin has been removed and put back at some point. I am not sure if the pin is the original one or not but when it was re-installed it was put in backwards. The "little foot" or "tensioner" at the top of the pin should be in contact with the reverse of the badge and not facing away as this one does.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Don,
    Thank you for your insightful comments on these two.
    Regarding the Infanterie Abzeichen, and the catch set into a recess, is this a feature of all the three types by B&NL and does the hinge share this same feature?

ado
    ?

Thanks Fischer, I believe the Panzerkampf Abzeichen to be identical to one i posted here, only worry is that on this one the pin end is not sharp as the one i originaly posted?

Could that make differance in Originality, is there anything else?
    Thanks
    Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20146.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	191337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20142.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	191338  

Hi Adrian

Sorry for the late reply...had problems posting on here yesterday???

To answer your question, yes...all (3) solid B&NL attributed examples have the recess for the catch.

The difference between the (3) is the hinge. First we have the sheet metal hinge like the one Ado posted. It is folded in a way to make a base that is soldered directly to the reverse of the badge. It does not have a cut away or recess for the hinge.

The second has a basic Block hinge that is seen on many different variants. This one is soldered in place and does not have a recess either.

The third has a sheet metal hinge that is folded flat and is inserted into the reverse of the badge. This one not only has a recess for the catch but for the hinge as well. The hinge is then soldered in place much like the catch.

Here is a pic of the catch and the third type of B&NL with the recess for the hinge.

Best Regards, fischer

Name:	B&NL catch.jpg 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	191822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&NL BB o.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	191823  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&NL BB r.jpg 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	191821  

Hi Ado

Your PSA solid Wiedmann is IMO an original example. I have seen both pin types...with or without a point. This attribute does not determine originality.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Thank you Don,
    Your knowledge and explanations are appreciated.