Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Semi Hollow Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hello, I just got this badge along with three other that I will post a little later. I have studied this badge with all my reference material but have not made any definite connections to an

Default Semi Hollow Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hello,
    I just got this badge along with three other that I will post a little later. I have studied this badge with all my reference material but have not made any definite connections to any known maker. If anyone has any more information on this one I would love to hear it.
    Thanks
    Kirby

Semi Hollow Infanterie SturmabzeichenSemi Hollow Infanterie SturmabzeichenSemi Hollow Infanterie SturmabzeichenSemi Hollow Infanterie SturmabzeichenSemi Hollow Infanterie SturmabzeichenSemi Hollow Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Semi Hollow Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Semi Hollow Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

The hardware is Wiedmann style but the ISA's a SHuCo. Stewy

Hi Kirby

This one is a semi-hollow ShuCo Design as Stewy states. There are multiple firms in the Oberstein area that utilized this obverse design and who actually manufactured it is not known. The lily pad hinge hardware can be found on other makers with Wiedmann being the most familiar. Most likely this hardware system was made by a vendor and sold to different makers. That said, this is the only variant in the ShuCo family of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's to use the lily pad hinge.

I consider these examples late war produced with the change from solid zinc to the semi-hollow design and the low quality finish that did not hold up very well.

These are difficult to track down and are one of my favorite ShuCo Design examples...Congrats on finding a nice one...

Best regards, fischer

its ok.

Thanks for the info guys! Fischer I appreciate the additional input, very helpful!

Kirby