Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................

Article about: Gentlemen, let me show a version of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen made in Spain as a replacement award for those Spaniards who fought in the Blue Division....these are fully sanctioned by th

Default Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................

Gentlemen, let me show a version of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen made in Spain as a replacement award for those Spaniards who fought in the Blue Division....these are fully sanctioned by the Spanish Government and were produced with the swastika as unlike in Germany it was not a banned symbol post war....A range of replacement awards were made in Spain for veterans, including EKI & II, Ost medal and KvK I & II............these are not reproductions/fakes. Quality was down when compared to both wartime and 1957 German produced awards.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................   Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................  

Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................   Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................  

Last edited by rbminis; 06-15-2021 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................
    P
    Many

Wow, that's new on me. I wonder how many of these have been dismissed as fakes over the years?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I wonder how many of these have been dismissed as fakes over the years?
    Yes, I have wondered that as well !! What a "mistaka ta maka" (as Capt Bertorelli would say) if you did !
    The one shown is over 250 Euro at a Militaria dealers in Madrid.....research shows that is the average price for one in Spain.....twice as much as a WW2 one, and over four times the price of a 57er version....Crazy !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Wow, that's new on me. I wonder how many of these have been dismissed as fakes over the years?
    Exactly what i thought!....

strange eagle !.

Hi Guys

Having researched the so-called Spanish Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with colleagues and having spoken to a couple of collectors who specialize in research of Spanish awards here is what we were able to find so far.

The Spanish collectors hold the opinion that the Spanish produced awards (not just this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen) were made as replacements for the DEV members after the war.
    The collectors also stated these examples were made for several decades and well into the 80's. That said, I only know of five examples which includes the example shown here.

Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen made as a replacement for the Blue Division members or something made to fool? we can only speculate.
    Solid proof that links these awards to Blue Division members has yet to surface.

In regards to the price, compare this one to the commonly found purported Juncker NS Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's that sell for 300 plus euros on the Dealers sites.
    If the hardware were intact, my opinion is the price would not be out of line.

Best Regards, fischer

Thanks for the input fischer, much appreciated !.......more research me thinks, here's photographs that show veterans of the Blue Division, one of which is General Vega Rodriguez,who became Joint Chief of Staff of the Spanish Armed Forces, he is in the foreground wearing the Infantry Assault Badge in the first image.
    The images or my eyes are not good enough to determine wether these Infanterie Sturmabzeichen are home grown or original German awards................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................   Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................  

?

I like this, Steve. Do you know the maker(s) of this? Thanks for sharing
    Prost,
    -Dean

Dean, nothing known on the makers of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen as yet.......the only known maker of medals/awards in Spain known to me at this moment is "INDUSTRIAS EGANA" who make the 36-39 Civil War and 41' Russia commemorative medals, wether this company made the above Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is any ones guess, below image, original being worn by a Spanish volunteer............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.............................  
    Last edited by oradour; 10-20-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Bringing this thread back to the top.
    Unfortunately, nothing new has surfaced since this thread started.

Here is my so-called Spanish example in bronze.

Best Regards, fischer