MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, Here are my IABs, and a would like to share their history. The one on the left is overall good condition, it has silver finish. Needle system was broken but later it was soldered ba

Default Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi guys,

Here are my IABs, and a would like to share their history.

The one on the left is overall good condition, it has silver finish. Needle system was broken but later it was soldered back. Sadly the eagle's head is missing.
    It's from Poland, ans was dug out in the area of Battle of Kolberg, it's most likely from the peridod of March 4 and March 18, 1945. I can't see any maker's mark.

The right one is my personaly favourite, it's in poor condition, a big part broken off (at least i have the eagle's head on this), it has gold-bronze finish, i'm not sure. Needle system is missing and it had somek ind of glue on it, but it's removed now. I can't see any maker's mark on this either.
    It was dug out from a trench in Sülysáp, Hungary, where in October - November 1944 the soveits broke in the area of Sülysáp.

Thanks,
    Kónya
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-28-2015 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology and to orient photos properly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

No need to worry about no maker marks as they were not all marked. Nice to have some history connected with them, and if they could talk,it would be quite a story i'm sure.

Steve

Dunno about the decapitated badge, but the other one with the ball hinge crimp and the shape of the round wire catch in a circular crimp reminds me of one of the Gablonz makers Metall & Kunststoff (M.K.) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Dunno about the decapitated badge, but the other one with the ball hinge crimp and the shape of the round wire catch in a circular crimp reminds me of one of the Gablonz makers Metall & Kunststoff (M.K.) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned

I agree with your conclusion that the Ball Hinge ISA is one of the Gablonz made examples from the M.K. series.

More specifically, I would say it is the M.K.4 variant.
    In looking at the pics, I would say the catch is the Flat Stock material found only on the M.K.4 as the others (M.K.1, M.K.2, etc.) in the series have the smaller, round wire catch.
    Better pics of the catch would help determine this for certain.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Hello

The decapitated example (as my friend Ned describes it..) I would say it's a ShuCo Design example.
    The catch plate looks like the round variation, but could be the oblong type. I cannot say for certain.

Here is one I have.

Best regards, fischer

Thanks for the pics...Ned was correct, it is the round wire type...

As the M.K.1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and M.K.7 use the round wire catch, no telling which one it is.

Best Regards, fischer

From now on, please post your items separately in a new thread for each one.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Understood Ralph. I would like to say a big Thanks for the commenters here, you guys helped a lot!

Bence