Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)

Article about: I have this somewhat vaulted example that has no maker's mark on it. Is there enough visual information here to further identify who may have made this? Thank you, G. Kelly

Default Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)

I have this somewhat vaulted example that has no maker's mark on it. Is there enough visual information here to further identify who may have made this?

Thank you,

G. Kelly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)   Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)  

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-13-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Photos rotated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)
    P
    Many

Yes, the maker of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is Steinhauer & Luck. Most, if not all Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's are vaulted to an extent. Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)   Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That was fast! Thank you!

G. Kelly

Quote by 3986QMTC View Post
    That was fast! Thank you!

G. Kelly
    Timing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph. Here's my S&L silver & bronze ISA's. Stewy

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)   Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Can the maker be identified?)  

I've never seen a bronze infanterie sturmabzeichen in as good a condition as that one. When I was a kid back in the 1960's, the ones I saw were invariably silver and a lot of them looked old even then.

Regards,

G. Kelly

Hi Guys

I can only agree with what the others have said; these crimped in examples are purported to be made by S&L.

There are two schools of thought regarding these examples.

Some attribute these as late war produced with the crimped in hardware, semi-hollow reverse and the abundance (relatively speaking) of minty examples still available today.

Others have the opinion that these are post war made for the GI souvenir market. Like the R. Souval firm, Steinhauer & Luck continued producing awards after the war ended and production timelines are blurred because of this.

Either way, some nice looking examples have been posted here...

Best Regards, fischer

good S&L semi-hollow badge!

William Kramer