Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?

Article about: Caleb here These patches are from a man that I unfortunately never had the opportunity to speak with, as he passed away before or around the time I was born 1995. This man served in the 328t

Exclamation 1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?

Caleb here

These patches are from a man that I unfortunately never had the opportunity to speak with, as he passed away before or around the time I was born 1995. This man served in the 328th infantry regiment, which I am assuming was the regiment sent to replace the 2 lost regiments in the 26th Infantry Division. Check these out PEOPLES! I say, 1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION, but maybe I am wrong!I NEED SOME GOOD EYES AND SOME GOOD BRAINS! CAN YOU NAME THE PATCH???

1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?1 Identified YANKEE DIVISION what about the others?
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 04-09-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Okay so the top patch, for one is upside down. Two it is a patch from the ww2 era I believe it is the second version of the “ETO patch”

That YD patch is just so clean. Looks sharps. YD stands for YANKEE DIVISION. 26th infantry division WWII

1. ETO Advanced Base (2nd Design)
    2. US Army Europe (Post WW2)
    3. 26th Infantry Division
    4. 3rd Army
    5. British (unknown to me)
    6. Overseas service stripes (1 stripe for each 6 months overseas) = 1 yr 6 months
    7. Meritorious unit citation

Smitty
    Last edited by Rakkasan187; 03-30-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spelling error

Last edited by SirCaleb; 03-30-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: correction

No it is not.. It is post war US Army Europe...

The SHAEF patch you refer to has black background and this patch is merrowed edge indicating US Army Europe, as I mentioned previously Post WW2..

Smitty

Oh....by the way.... Please and Thank you for PROPERLY identifying items will go a long way here...

Smitty

Thumbs up

lol well I was on my phone, in my bed this morning, trying to learn something new, meant to get on the PC and thank you for what you posted earlier. Things happen in life where I am unable to thank you, immediately. I was typing that response regarding the SHAEF patch, then you had replied while I was trying to figure out what I was looking at. If you look at my posts, especially since I am relatively new to a website that appears to have been around for a good long while, I have thanked everyone for any information they have shared with me. Thank you for sharing the information regarding the appropriate manners. I have seen that noted in the signature portion of some mods or admin.

Lightbulb

I have found other examples of the British Navy patch on the internet, I can't seem to find a clue about what it is actually called. Is it possible that this is a rank of a soldier? If anyone has any feedback regarding any of these patches, or if you even want to share a story regarding one of the patches, please do! I am thankful for your insight and your knowledge. Peace and Love - Caleb P.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SirCaleb View Post
    I have found other examples of the British Navy patch on the internet, I can't seem to find a clue about what it is actually called. Is it possible that this is a rank of a soldier? If anyone has any feedback regarding any of these patches, or if you even want to share a story regarding one of the patches, please do! I am thankful for your insight and your knowledge. Peace and Love - Caleb P.
    It would be best to post this British patch separately in it's own thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)