Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Article about: i think a few of theese are ww2 buttons and a few ww1 buttons and yes they are pretty neat issued closer too ww2 the wac did not see any combat action but they did help behind the lines - -

Default 16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Hello all. As some of you might know I found a United States Marine Core button from about 1910-1917 a few weeks ago. Last weekend I came across a few more the the same type of button (and 12 other buttons), and I could not pass them up for the price. Now I am wondering if any of you know if any of these buttons are real, or reproductions? Or if they are genuine what era might they be from? If you need a better picture please let me know. Here is the link from my button that is from about 1910-1917. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ekends-273957/ Thank you for the help and support!

From Alex.
    16 mostly unknown US buttons.16 mostly unknown US buttons.16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Default re: 16 mostly unknown US buttons.

The bacmark's, will give us more information!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

No problem, just give me a few minuets please.

From Alex

Ok!
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: 16 mostly unknowen buttons.

So the first picture is the three buttons that (if they are real) are from about 1910-1917. The two buttons, the one on the left and in the middle have a mint mark, but it is really hard to see, but it says something like "waterbury bution co"? The second picture is the same buttons but turned over. The third picture is of buttons that have the same "mint mark" on the back as the first picture. Sorry if that is confusing. I also do apologize for the background, it's one of my school books that I was reading.

16 mostly unknown US buttons.16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Now the others have different marks, they are in order from left to right.
    "SUPERIOR QUALITY" "L8R METAL PROD N.Y." (The L8R is really hard to see, so It might be something different from L8R) "NEWARKN.J-CO-R.L.MFG" ".J.R.C.AUNT & SON BIRMINCHAM."
    16 mostly unknown US buttons.16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Default Re: 16 mostly unknown US buttons.

Looks like genuine buttons to me!
    The only one I have troubles with is the top one on the first picture, but that is because I don't know him!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Thank you for your reply! I really do appreciate your help! The reason I was questioning weather they were real or not was the backings on some of them looked new. Would you be able to give me a price range on the one's that you do know?

From Alex.

?

look like WW I & newer to me,,, common

They are all general service eagles a couple navy eagles and looks like a wac button which is for womans army corps but no i dont see a huge amount of value but they are nice

@colt45 Thank you for your reply, hey world war 1 is still good for me since I just started to collect. But thank you for your support.
    @ww2relichunter I have never seen a "wac" button or heard of that term before so that's pretty cool in my book. Thank you! As for the price, I paid .25$ usd per button so I think I did pretty good there.

From Alex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast