Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

17/21L swager stick

Article about: this swager stick was made by the carpenter shop of the junior leaders reg RAC at bovington camp dorset in 1975 and ive had it ever since , they made them for all of the rac reg,s ,ive not s

ian
    ?

Default 17/21L swager stick

this swager stick was made by the carpenter shop of the junior leaders reg RAC at bovington camp dorset in 1975 and ive had it ever since , they made them for all of the rac reg,s ,ive not seen any others though,its 5/8" dowl ,.50 case and an officers collar dog (ive only shown the ends cos its 3ft long ,hope you like it
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 17/21L swager stick   17/21L swager stick  

Default Re: 17/21L swager stick

Hi Ian, very interesting swager stick. I had to laugh when I saw this. I have stereotyped British officers always carrying these ever since I was a little kid and watched the fictional movie "Bridge Over the River Kwai". I believe it was Sir Alec Guiness, who was the British officer that always walked around with one under his arm. It's burned in my memory for life! Thanks for showing!

Jay

Hi Ian, that is a really nice item. I like it.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by ian View Post
    this swager stick was made by the carpenter shop of the junior leaders reg RAC at bovington camp dorset in 1975 and ive had it ever since , they made them for all of the rac reg,s ,ive not seen any others though,its 5/8" dowl ,.50 case and an officers collar dog (ive only shown the ends cos its 3ft long ,hope you like it
    cheers ian
    Hi Ian,

My late father was for a few years before he retired a senior instructor with 5DG RAC at Bovington camp —not that it has anything to do with your nice example swager stick though
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

ian
    ?

hi Bovinton was /is the driver & maintenance school RAC so i assume your father was a D&M god as we called them , what reg was he ,and his name i may have known him cheers ian
    all of the gunnery god hang out at the gunnery school RAC at lulworth camp not far from bovington