MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

17th Lancers Side Drum

Article about: I've had this drum for about 20 years or so. It's an old Potter drum that was refurbished and painted by Christopher Collins, with the regiment's Battle Honours through WWI, and up to amalga

?

Default 17th Lancers Side Drum

I've had this drum for about 20 years or so. It's an old Potter drum that was refurbished and painted by Christopher Collins, with the regiment's Battle Honours through WWI, and up to amalgamation with the 21st Lancers in 1922.
    Pardon my lack off photo skills.

BobS17th Lancers Side Drum17th Lancers Side Drum17th Lancers Side Drum17th Lancers Side Drum17th Lancers Side Drum

Very nice Bob, a real stunner. I have seen a few drums over the years but never bought one, usually too expensive for me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A very nice drum indeed! I too have always fancied a regimentally-marked drum. but the best I could afford was a rather battered WW1 French military side drum.

?

Yes, they are not cheap, but they seem to have gone up in price only about $ 100 or so since I bought this one.
    That said, you can see some wacky prices sometimes on Ebay, of course, or some dealer websites.
    Q & C Militaria in Cheltenham usually has a few drums for sale, at what seem to be "market" prices.

BobS

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!