Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 American buckle?

Article about: Hi, Not sure if here is the right place for this question. Does anyone have an idea about this 1941 buckle, made in China during the war? Many thanks, Neil.

Default 1941 American buckle?

Hi,

Not sure if here is the right place for this question. Does anyone have an idea about this 1941 buckle, made in China during the war?

Many thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 American buckle?  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1941 American buckle? 

Default Re: 1941 American buckle?

All I can suggest it is a patriotic item. It is certainly not military issue. I collected WW2 US items back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Thanks.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Maxrobot
    ?

I have never seen this type of buckle. It is hard to tell from the photos. Is it sized for trouser belts or equipment belts?

Hi,

For trouser belt. From South China.

Neil.

Maxrobot
    ?

the style eagle and shield looks like it was taken from a pre-1902 style U.S. Army uniform button for artillery. This type button is mostly associated with the American Civil War and images can be seen on civil war related sites. Interestingly, the eagle should have a bundle of arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other. the Olive branch representing peace while the arrows represent war. Only an olive branch is used in this buckle design.
    As the U.S. did not send military forces into China until early 1942 the date 1941 is noteworhy.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    We are assuming the buckle IS related to the US army, maybe not?
    From my impression and collecting, it is an original old piece, maybe commemorating Pearl Harbor? I just thought it was US related...

Neil.

Maxrobot
    ?

it is definately U.S. related but not a piece of authorized uniform. I can guess that it may have been made locally in China for sale to U.S. personnel serving there.
    It appears to have been dug. How did it it turn up?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am always on the look out for items, and I am here in China for the past 8 years and picked it up in south China, Guangdong. I added another buckle I just found in north-eastern China, is this Japanese?

Thanks again,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 American buckle?   1941 American buckle?  

1941 American buckle?  

?

Japaneese Navy ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast