Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

28th Infantry Divison patch: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you for another unit patch related to the Battle of the Hürtgen Forest please? It's a patch of the 28th Infantry Division which was engaged there in the very bloodily so

Default 28th Infantry Divison patch: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you for another unit patch related to the Battle of the Hürtgen Forest please? It's a patch of the 28th Infantry Division which was engaged heavily there in the very bloodily so called 'Allerseelenschlacht' (Battle for Schmidt) in November 1944. Do you think the patch is authentic WW 2?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-17-2016 at 12:52 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Hi Alter

Yes this is a standard cut edge WWII era patch.

Also known as the Keystone ( NG Pennsylvania Keystone of the Union Arch ) and "Bloody bucket" Division re Hurtgen Forest battle.

Phill

Dear Phill,

Thank you very much for your evaluation of the patch and informations about the 28th names.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Hi alter

No problem , keep listing and I will do my best.
    Part of the problem when identifying WWII era SSI is that a lot of Army, Corp, Divisions were still active post WWII and the 28th was and has had a long history so the patch has been in used for a long time . The one you show has all the embroidery weave and construction of WWII era.

Phill