Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

2nd A.I.F.

Article about: A couple of items i picked up recently,pertaining to my Grandfathers Battalion. A souvenir pennant for the 2nd Australian Infantry Forces,and A sweetheart pin with the 2/31st colour patch. T

Default 2nd A.I.F.

A couple of items i picked up recently,pertaining to my Grandfathers Battalion.
    A souvenir pennant for the 2nd Australian Infantry Forces,and
    A sweetheart pin with the 2/31st colour patch.
    The dedication is located at Ioribaiwa Ridge on the Kokoda Track and the book cover is the history of the 2/31st.(well worth a read)
    "Forever Forward"
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd A.I.F.   2nd A.I.F.  

2nd A.I.F.   2nd A.I.F.  

2nd A.I.F.   2nd A.I.F.  

Default Re: 2nd A.I.F.

Great pennant for display in honour of you Grandfather......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Good stuff Mick.
    I do like that little "black over blood" pin mate,very nice.
    I am still trying to find a copy of "Bayonets Abroad" re the 2/13th Battalion.There has been no modern re-print and a early 50's edition cost's an arm and a leg,that's when you can find one.Bugger,one day.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

Hi Mick, these are nice items, I like the pennant.

Hi Dave, I did a search on Abe Books for the book you are after, best deal was $320.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    Thank you mate but still a bit out of my price range for a single publication as much as I would like it.I've been keeping an eye out in local second hand book shops and auctions for a few years now hoping to get lucky and find a cheap one,Give's me something to do when I go to "Town" with the good lady and sure beats looking at kid's shoes all day.
    One day mate I will find a cheap one,for sure.
    Something I did find recently is a copy of Hilary St George/Saunders "The Red Beret" The Story of the Parachute Regiment 1940-1945 ninth edition 1953 for $10 Au.Have not read it as yet but it's on the read list for sure,I like the Merville Battery recon photo with the overpage of defences,a nice little touch I feel.
    Thanks again Ade for your time.Appreciated greatly mate.
    Forever vigilant and optimistic
    Dave

G'day Mick, nice mate! Always nice to find something related to your family, it's not always easy. Great stuff!

4md
    ?

some nice items Mick, i must read the 2/31st history i havnt read that one yet.

4md
    ?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Good stuff Mick.
    I do like that little "black over blood" pin mate,very nice.
    I am still trying to find a copy of "Bayonets Abroad" re the 2/13th Battalion.There has been no modern re-print and a early 50's edition cost's an arm and a leg,that's when you can find one.Bugger,one day.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

Keep your eyes peeled, second hand book shops,markets, etc you never know you might find a copy.

I managed to get "Tobruk to Tarakan" on ebay after searching for ages but had to pay top dollar.

regards Paul