Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Infantry Division, 3rd Armored Divison, 9th Armored Division patches: Authentic WW II ?

Article about: Dear all, I could purchase some badges of US divisions which were engaged in the Battle of the Huertgen Forest and beyond on the way to the River Rhine. A patch from the 2nd Infantry Divisio

Default 2nd Infantry Division, 3rd Armored Divison, 9th Armored Division patches: Authentic WW II ?

Dear all,

I could purchase some patches of US divisions which were engaged in the Battle of the Huertgen Forest and beyond on the way to the River Rhine.

A patch from the 2nd Infantry Division which was engaged at the "Heartbreak Crossroads" with its ensemble of a forester's house and a custom house called Wahlerscheid near Monschau and which in this way was engaged in the South of the Battle of the Huertgen Forest and in the North of the Battle of the Bulge. Later the unit guarded the Bridge at Remagen.
    A patch from the 3rd Armored Division which was also engaged in the Huertgen Forest and the Battle of the Bulge. Later the unit entered Cologne.
    Two patches from the 9th Armored Division which was engaged in the Battle of the Bulge at Bastogne and other places and which was the first US unit capturing the Bridge at Remagen.

May I ask you what do you think about them please, they are authentic WW 2?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

2nd Infantry Division, 3rd Armored Divison, 9th Armored Division patches: Authentic WW II ?

1st patch 9th

2nd patch 9th

Last edited by Alter Musketier; 02-12-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Gidday Alter

The 2nd ID (Nick name Indian Head) is embroidered on felt , gauze backed is WWII era used on Ike or woolen shirt.

3rd Armored Div. (nick name Spear Head) definitely WWII re white bobbin thread thru the design see below.

The 9th Armored (nick name Remagen) Div. The 2nd patch is definitely WWII lot of white bobbin thread thru the 9 , cannon , tracks and lightning bolt.

The first 9th AD I don't like , the triangle is WWII but the 9 could of been put on after the war ,again that is my personal opinion and i have some of these in my collection, which i replaced with either green backs or heavy white bobbin thread backing.

So the 2nd ID , 3rd AD and 2nd 9th AD good to go.

Phill

Dear Phill,

Thank you very much for this comprehensive evaluations! I have learned a much about this topic by your answers!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917