Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3rd armored division patch, authentic WW 2?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about your opinions about this 3rd armored division patch please? Authentic WW II? The 3rd armored division was engaged at Huertgen Forest too. With best wishes alter

Default 3rd armored division patch, authentic WW 2?

Dear all,

May I ask you about your opinions about this 3rd armored division patch please? Authentic WW II? The 3rd armored division was engaged at Huertgen Forest too.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

you will need to post a image of the reverse.

Mart

Hi Alter

from the front it has WWII characteristics based on one from my collection , 3 , narrow cannon , edging , hand cut twill close to the border.

However as Martin pointed out confirmation of the back.

The reason why is that , they manufactured a huge amount of WWII plain triangles that were surplus and were later re used in the early 50's and later which had numbers added. This was due to the build up of Regular and National Guard Armoured Divisions.

Armoured Triangles can be hard to ID as WWII era. I went thru my collection and wasn't happy with a number of them ,due to certain manufacturing techniques and numbers added.

Phill
    Last edited by Phill Lockett; 02-10-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Dear Mart, dear Phill,

I have asked the seller for a picture of the reverse.

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    ... The reason why is that , they manufactured a huge amount of WWII plain triangles that were surplus and were later re used in the early 50's and later which had numbers added. This was due to the build up of Regular and National Guard Armoured Divisions.
    Phill
    Dear Phill,

Thank you very much for these informations! Very interesting!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Here it is.

Hi Alter

Yes WWII.

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    Hi Alter

Yes WWII.

Phill
    Cool! Supersonic speed of answer. Dear Phill, Thank you very much for your evaluation!

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Your welcome Alter.

Keep posting and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Phill

I agree with Phill, WW2. Nice patch!

Mart

Dear Mart,

Thank you very much for your evaluation!

With best wishes
    alter musketier