Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'

Article about: I have a particular interest in Polar Bears as my Grandad served in 1st Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment (Carrier Platoon of Support Company) from Normandy through to Germany. Annoyed from

Default 49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'

I have a particular interest in Polar Bears as my Grandad served in 1st Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment (Carrier Platoon of Support Company) from Normandy through to Germany.

I particularly like the 'Iceland Force' silk patch and the 74th Field Regiment (Royal Artillery) 'TT' patch.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'   49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'  

49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'   49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'  

49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'  

?

Thumbs up from me Martin, Nice set there mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Very set set of badges.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice collection Martin , i like the head down original Div patch from Iceland , plus the late war 74 Field Regt TT patch a real one off to that Gunner Regt , i saw one on flea bay quite rcently which went for £160 !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Very nice collection Martin , i like the head down original Div patch from Iceland , plus the late war 74 Field Regt TT patch a real one off to that Gunner Regt , i saw one on flea bay quite rcently which went for £160 !
    Er, yes. That's the one above!

Martin

Nice collection of badges Salzburg.
    Thought you would like this . My mate saved this from going to the dump last year. Have since found out who it belonged to and little bit of information.
    Rod

49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'

Great set of patches Martin, good to see you sharing them on here as well as the BMBF.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Nice collection of badges Salzburg.
    Thought you would like this . My mate saved this from going to the dump last year. Have since found out who it belonged to and little bit of information.
    Rod

49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'49th (West Riding) Division 'Polar Bears'
    Nice Battledress, Bob. I had an opportunity at Militaria 2014 of buying a Blouse badged to the Leicesters but didn't go for it because I'd already blown my budget for purchases that day. Biggest mistake of my collecting career!

Martin

Default My Polar bear collection

Martin, nice that you like these patches. I have a passion for them and mainly just
    collect the head down type. Since you like them, here is a photo you might like
    Was your Granddad never in Iceland?

Reg

Hinrik
    Iceland

?

Great collection Hinrik , did you find any in Iceland ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast