Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

American bullion patches

Article about: Hi everyone, i dont collect American patches and a friend has just bought these. I thought they looked good, but then someone said they look like Pakistani fakes from the 70s. Any help would

Default American bullion patches

Hi everyone, i dont collect American patches and a friend has just bought these. I thought they looked good, but then someone said they look like Pakistani fakes from the 70s. Any help would be great. Thank youAmerican bullion patchesAmerican bullion patches

The colours do look very 'off'. The top right one is supposed to be an 'ADSEC' patch. This is what it should look like, mounted on one of my uniforms:

American bullion patches

Regards, B.B.

?

Curious who told you these were fakes, some of these looks like they stand a decent chance of being legit but others seem off to me. Could you take a few close ups of a couple with the backs ?

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Curious who told you these were fakes, some of these looks like they stand a decent chance of being legit but others seem off to me. Could you take a few close ups of a couple with the backs ?
    If you click on the pic, Then click again , They do open up even larger. At least on my guberment PC they do.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I was able to do that, but these pics are not the best quality, the ETO western bullion is a $200+ patch if legit. There is a mix of good and bad in this lot. Good pictures of insignia and patches can mean the difference between $10 and $100

Thanks guys..unfortunately they are not mine but a friend who doesnt use the internet. I posted these on a couple of sites and everyone said Pakistani fakes, but when i searched the Pakistani fakes they didnt come up like most of these. So im sort of in no mans land with these. They do look good in hand but im more into Commonwealth and German gear

?

I don't mind them ,
    The backings look good to me and If your friend doesn't use the internet , he also doesn't know how to use a scanner or camera properly , so that would explain the "off" colours

Going by the images the only ones that I would not add to my collection is Third AF and Caribbean Command.

Hawaii and Seventh Army have velour sections not normal in Paki made.
    US Army Europe COMZ, COMZ Western has 40's 50's silk thread and all have nice complex detailed embroidered bullion.
    Also the backing might be a "waxed" paper backing and not the standard "Paki" paper backing...
    Compare the thread used 3rd AF to the COMZ Western SHAEF.
    The bullion Caribbean compare to others

Phill