Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

antique shop pick ups today, para wings, pegasus etc

Article about: Got these today for a very cheap price and I wondered what others thought. The 2 pairs of wings look to be originals, though the army ones are post war I think, but I am still learning on th

Default antique shop pick ups today, para wings etc

Got these today for a very cheap price and I wondered what others thought. The 2 pairs of wings look to be originals, though the army ones are post war I think, but I am still learning on these and all might be copies. I assume the RA title is also an original, though what date any of these are is something I am not sure of, though I assume (hope) all are 40's or 50's.

Who would use the blue backed wings? I saw some recently and I think I remember they were for commando's?

I deleted the pics of the Pegasus patch, as further research showed it was a known copy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc   antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc  

antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc   antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc  

antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc   antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc  

Last edited by Jerry B; 05-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: antique shop pick ups today, para wings, pegasus etc

I have been informed on another forum that both sets of wings are originals, the blue backed type are very early post war for the RAF, whilst the others are post war, though not the very recent type, so somewhere in between, 50's to 70's perhaps. Certainly they will probably do to restore to my 50's BD with the missing wings.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, sorry I miseed this. Life is just so busy at the moment. The info you have is correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Did some more research on the blue backed wings and they look very similar/same as the WWII RAF instructors wings?

Also finally attached the army set to the BD I wanted then for. I have made it obvious that they have been re applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc   antique shop pick ups today, para wings,  pegasus etc  

Regards,

Jerry