Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Any body ever seen these before

Article about: Just wondering if anyone has seen these before. I have 8 of them. They appear to be brass and when you hold all of them they are heavier then you would think. comments/opinions would be grea

?

Default Any body ever seen these before

Just wondering if anyone has seen these before. I have 8 of them. They appear to be brass and when you hold all of them they are heavier then you would think. comments/opinions would be great. thanks in advance. Any body ever seen these beforeAny body ever seen these beforeAny body ever seen these beforeAny body ever seen these before

got me there.

Never seen such a thing before either. Note the Queens Crown. Likes like they are supposed to be nailed to something? Furniture ornaments?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I know they are very different. They are thin but pretty strong. Thanks for taking a look guys.

They could be gun Tompions (decorative covers that go in the barrel of large guns).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any body ever seen these before   Any body ever seen these before  

Attached Images Attached Images Any body ever seen these before 

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    They could be gun Tompions (decorative covers that go in the barrel of large guns).
    I think you could be right there Douglas!....

?

Wow that sounds really promising. Very clever. Thank you Douglas! I have been staring at them for a year now not knowing what they are!

?

Any body know where I should start researching these? I haven't been able to find much. Thanks again

A boss from a decorative shield?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Shield bosses maybe. I found a link I'm going to try to post. It is an old US document of a Capt.'s inventory log of the ships wares and it states they had 8 brass, 3 inch gun tampions.