Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas about this badge?

Article about: I was looking through my dads seabag and he had a tin with all sorts of odds n ends and found this. I think it's a cap badge, but it's small enough, could it be a collar badge? I can barely

Default Any ideas about this badge?

I was looking through my dads seabag and he had a tin with all sorts of odds n ends and found this. I think it's a cap badge, but it's small enough, could it be a collar badge? I can barely make out the writing, but it looks like JE MAINTIENDRAI there's a gryphon in the middle, with crossed anchors behind. He was stationed in the pacific, could it be something from the Aussie navy?

Any ideas about this badge?Any ideas about this badge?

and I found this button, the flower doesn't look like a chrysanthamum, so I don't think it's Japanese.

Any ideas about this badge?

Thank you
    Paul

I had a google search that worked, the first badge is of Dutch origin, maybe google will start playing nice with me now
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 03-21-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I hit submimt too soon oops

Default Re: Any ideas about this badge?

I can't offer a specific identification as to what it is, but it's from the Netherlands.
    See: Coat of arms of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

The button is Japanese navy,that is a Sakura (cherry blossom ) on it......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you and Thank you Pete. After all the rifles I've seen with mums on them, I just assumed that was what they used on everything. Now I have so many more questions about he got these, but he's been gone for 27 years now. It was something he never talked about.