MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Any Ideas on this Large English Flag

Article about: I have had this flag for a long time, and because of its size it has been folded in the cupboard. I found it the other day, i had forgotten i had it, and thought someone may be able to shed

?

Default Any Ideas on this Large English Flag

I have had this flag for a long time, and because of its size it has been folded in the cupboard. I found it the other day, i had forgotten i had it, and thought someone may be able to shed some light on its origin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any Ideas on this Large English Flag   Any Ideas on this Large English Flag  

Any Ideas on this Large English Flag   Any Ideas on this Large English Flag  

Default Re: Any Ideas on this Large English Flag

It seems to be a record of the places an Australian unit fought in in WWII. Starting off in Syria and Palestine, on to battles in North Africa, Then with the Japaneese threat to Northern Australia all Australian units were withdrawn from North Africa and Returned Home, this particular unit then fought New Guinea and I think that Madang is in what is now Indonisia.Finally I suspect that the roll of honour remembere members of the unit that lost their lives. John.