Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ATS presentation silver ash tray

Article about: Hiya, this is a small ash tray, made of silver by the well known silver makers "Maplin & Webb". It is Hallmarked for London and the date letter is for 1944. The reverse is insc

Default ATS presentation silver ash tray

Hiya, this is a small ash tray, made of silver by the well known silver makers "Maplin & Webb". It is Hallmarked for London and the date letter is for 1944.

The reverse is inscribed "From A Troop A.T.S. 631 Battery"..

This would have been a mixed sex Anti Arcraft Battery. No doubt given as a gift to a departing member of the unit. Whoever was given it must have been well liked, as it could not have been a cheap item to buy during the war.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS presentation silver ash tray   ATS presentation silver ash tray  

Default Re: ATS presentation silver ash tray

Hi lez

Princess Elizabeth joined the ATS in 1944 I wonder if she would have used one of these !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, I would love to own one of her uniforms! The National Army Museum have them.

Cheers, Lez.

Here is another ATS private purchase ash tray from my collection. It is nicely made from wood with a brass insert.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS presentation silver ash tray  

Here is another one, this time a trench art ash tray made from a shell and with an ATS cap badge affixed to the front.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS presentation silver ash tray  

Staying with the smoking theme, here is a silver presentation cigarette case.

Cheers, Lez.

Quote by larissa View Post
    Hi Nick, I would love to own one of her uniforms! The National Army Museum have them.

Cheers, Lez.
    I bet her dress uniform was made by a Savile Row tailor.

Hiya, I am hoping Rob might see this thread as I would like to know more about this Battery?

Cheers, Lez.

Great collection of ATS smoking related items. You appear to have a lot of quality items in your collection
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Princess Elizabeth joined the ATS in 1944 I wonder if she would have used one of these !
    Quote by shinsakuto View Post
    I bet her dress uniform was made by a Savile Row tailor.

I don't know but it doesn't look like Savile Row styling to me, unless Her Majesty was modelling the 'Army Depot Collection'

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast