Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australia Service Exemption badge 1940

Article about: All the information I could find indicates that this is a badge of recruits who did not fully meet the medical criteria. Approved by War cabinet on 1940. Also,it turns out that these recruit

Default Australia Service Exemption badge 1940

All the information I could find indicates that this is a badge of recruits who did not fully meet the medical criteria. Approved by War cabinet on 1940.

Also,it turns out that these recruits were many,but I managed not to find a similar badge on web?!
    Any additional information is welcome.
    Thx

Australia Service Exemption badge 1940Australia Service Exemption badge 1940

?

Default Re: Australia Service Exemption badge 1940

Nice volunteers badge......as stated its a badge to wear on civi clothes to show that the wearer had volunteered, but not been accepted. Another badge was a "medically unfit" one.....

Really given o the wearer would not be harangued in the streets!!!

What a great idea ! Did the Brits have something similar?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Can't honestly tell you what that is but all Australian service men and women in both world wars were volunteers, Australia didn't have conscription but it did have an enormous amount of volunteers to fight for King and country.

?

These could also have been worn by members of the Militia, who didn't serve overseas in the 2nd AIF....not always for medically unfit people....

?

Australian military stuff is really under rated.....there's some good unique items out there!!!

I love the Aussie gear, I have a mannequin set up with ww2 kit and it looks great!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Nice volunteers badge......as stated its a badge to wear on civi clothes to show that the wearer had volunteered, but not been accepted. Another badge was a "medically unfit" one.....

Really given o the wearer would not be harangued in the streets!!!
    Thank you,
    so I thought,I wonder why can't I find the same badge on the web (some collection or for sale)?
    I think that it is not so rare.
    Thx