MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian/NZ cloth shoulder titles

Article about: Hi Gary, this title did not exist during the war. The unit was not formed until December 1948. Cheers, Ade.

rcs
    ?

Default Australian/NZ cloth shoulder titles

Any idea about era? post war I'm guessing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian/NZ cloth shoulder titles  

Default Re: Australian/NZ cloth shoulder titles

Yes, these are original but post war issues.

Cheers, Ade.

rcs
    ?

Cheers Ade, they cost $5 for the lot at a flea market in Sydney, a nice colorful addition to my small collection i think.

regards,
    Rob

Bargain!

Cheers, Ade.

Ahh, the trained killers of the Royal NZ Dental Corps-motto 'Careful, We Bite'.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Ahh, the trained killers of the Royal NZ Dental Corps-motto 'Careful, We Bite'.
    hahaha closely followed by the Australian University Regiment...with the motto "Be gentle cobber we're still learning"

Seriously tho good score..the NZ ones look to be 70s-80s era ? over here they an cost 10-15 bucks each so you got a bargain mate well done

AIF
    ?

Hi mate good score, the Australian bordered titles date from 1948 to 1960 the unbordered were issued from 1960 onwards, not sure about the kiwi ones though it is probably similar

rcs
    ?

Thanks for the extra info AIF, much appreciated mate.

regards,
    Rob

?

I'm bringing this thread back to life. If the concensus is that the patches shown are all post war, what do war dated Aussie patches look like? I'd like to buy a pair of war dated infantry cloth shoulder titles to display along with my recently acquired Lithgow SMLE. Can someone from down under help me in determining war dated from post war and lead me as to where I might be able to find some suitable titles? Although I fairly knowledgeable in Brit and Canadian cloth patches, I'm strictly a newbie when it comes to Australian insignia.

what about this one; war dated or post war and how do I tell?

Australian/NZ cloth shoulder titles
    Cheers,

Gary

AIF
    ?

Hi Gary,

The title that you have posted is a post 1960 Infantry title they were worn up until the 1990s and that particular one looks to date from the 1970s.
    Australians didn't wear cloth shoulder titles in ww2 It was a pommy thing that we copied post war, We wore colour patches on the sleeves and bronze metal 'Australia' titles on the shoulder straps. Each battalion and unit had it's own distinct patch. These days a pair of original ww2 colour patches to an Infantry unit are fairly scarce and you would be looking at a $100 minimum at least for a fairly scrappy pair and then the price just goes up from there.

I will post some examples up for you later if you like, I just have to find where I have packed mine away.

Hope this helps

Luke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast