Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

british civil defence armbands

Article about: hi guys and gals just wanted to show my cd armband collection there are all date stamped 1954 thanks james

Default british civil defence armbands

hi guys and gals just wanted to show my cd armband collection there are all date stamped 1954 thanks jamesbritish civil defence armbands

?

Default Re: british civil defence armbands

Nice collection I do notice that three of them still bare kings crowns which I find interesting do to the fact of the coranation in 1953 I wonder if these three were actually produced at an earlier time and not date stamped till 1954.

Regards Mark K

thanks mark you could be right i will have to dig deeper now to find out why thanks again james

?

Please let me know as I am intrested in what you find I am thnking they were left over in military stores and were used up instead of being discarded.

Regards Mark K

I just checked mine and here are the results (where legible) with pattern numbers in brackets:

KC Corps (CD/54) 1952
    QC Corps (CD/54E) 1954
    KC Welfare (CD/48) 1953
    QC Welfare (CD/48 maybe E but not sure) 1954
    QC Warden
    KC Headquarters (CD/50) 1954
    KC Rescue (CD/47) 1954
    KC white Casualty Collection CD/135 1956

So there you go, a long overlap with the old and new crowns. Also the range from cd47 to cd54 suggests a minimum of 8 types, with the cd135 suggesting many many more than that. It is my assumption that the suffix letter 'E' was added to denote a Queens Crown version. On the second one down on my list it has clearly been stamped on afterwards in much bolder print.

hi union jack thanks for your imput is there any chance of some pictures i would like to see them especially the white casualty collection

The three blue armbands are WW2. The white lettered Fire Guard is a later pattern than the yellow lettered example. The 'arc' CD is wartime. I've never known any of these to be stamped or dated.

what a superb collection you have and thanks for going to the time of posting a picture im liking the white casualty band very different

Thanks, could be better, I'm missing (at least) QC HQ, QC Rescue and KC Warden. The latter is always more expensive due to being sold as "WW2"

A friend of mine has a greater variety than that but I forget what else she has now.

i managed to pick up a welfare and warden armband in the kings crown both dated 1952british civil defence armbands
    Regards James