Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British Home Front/Guard Badges?

Article about: A selection of Badges.ww2 or postwar please.......thanks.............Jake.

Default British Home Front/Guard Badges?

A selection of Badges.ww2 or postwar please.......thanks.............Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Home Front/Guard Badges?   British Home Front/Guard Badges?  

British Home Front/Guard Badges?   British Home Front/Guard Badges?  

British Home Front/Guard Badges?   British Home Front/Guard Badges?  

These feature the kings crown and therefore predate 1953. The ARP badge is silver and usually hallmarked 1938-9. It is likely these are all WW2 period, but there are some badges here I have not seen before.

The lion over crown over scroll fide et fiducia -in faith and trust- is Royal Army pay corps and would be 1929 to 1953, the imperial service bar was worn by members of the Territorial forces in WWI who had volunteered for overseas service as they were only liable for service at home, ARP is obvious, the services rendered badge is for WWI wounded who had been honourably discharged, Comrades of the Great war is obviously post WWI for those had served.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There should be a number on the reverse of the services rendered badge, I believe these are re- searchable?

jwp
    ?

I have access to the numbers on the ww1 services rendered badge , if you want me to do a look up let me know,
    John.

Many thanks John the number is 36376 thanks.................Jake.

jwp
    ?

Hi Jake, here are the details for your badge :

21474 Pte. Percy Bernard Robins, Hussars of the line, age 21 from Shillingstone, Dorset, occupation : Groom.
    enlisted:1/9/1914,
    Discharged from 10th cavalry reserve unit : 7/12/1914 with fractured instep. no overseas service.

hope this is of interest,
    cheers, John.

ps: just noticed the name Robins matches the name on the army release book in your other thread, a possible family relation ?.

Good work Johnnot relation but his father both from Shillingstone Dorset and his name is listed in the army book 64,one question how did his father recieve a wound badge if he never fought in combat?surely thats an accident that put him out of the Army so early in the war?.............Jake.

jwp
    ?

Hi Jake, as far as I am aware you did not have to be in combat to be discharged as unfit for service, as long as you had joined up if you were discharged through illness or accident you were entitled to the badge. it showed other people you were not avoiding the call up and avoided them receiving the white feather and being branded as cowards.

ps: many people refer to this badge as the silver wound badge, but it is correctly known as the silver war badge.