Become our sponsor and display your banner here

British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?

Article about: Hi all I thought I would run this by British Formation sign collectors. Is this a known embroidered British made "private purchase" examples? Let me start of first about the story

Default British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?

Hi all

I thought I would run this by British Formation sign collectors.

Is this a known embroidered British made "private purchase" examples?

Let me start of first about the story behind this and other US patches.

The US designed and had made a number of "Phantom" Divisions for operation Fortitude to deceive the Germans of a fictitious US Army invasion of Pas De Calais.

There are legit US made patches and then there is the "theatre made" variations of which the above 2 are known as Brit made examples.

They were also made in occupation Germany from catalogs which were put out 1944/46 period.

To date there is no confirmation of these being worn or used.

My main question is does anyone know of the above styles of construction amongst WWII/Post WWII era British Formation signs , now these could conceivably been a "private purchase made but where?

Any help would be appreciated.

Phill

British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?British made US 119th Infantry Division Phjantom?

Hi All

I want to bring this to the top again.

Has anyone seen any British theatre mad/ private purchase patches like this during or end of WWII.

Phill