Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Parachute Regiment cap badge!

Article about: Hello gentlemen! I found this online and I would love your expertise regarding its authenticity... I read some guides on such badges but double-checking is always the best way of approach! S

Default British Parachute Regiment cap badge!

Hello gentlemen!
    I found this online and I would love your expertise regarding its authenticity... I read some guides on such badges but double-checking is always the best way of approach! Sadly these are the only pics of the badge so could you provide some help?
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Parachute Regiment cap badge!   British Parachute Regiment cap badge!  

I think it is no good for two reasons but I would like your help too...

Any help guys?

What do you think id wrong with it? I am on my phone but it looks ok from the not great pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for your reply!
    First thing I don't like is the angle of the cut on the upper feathers...

Here's what an original should look like. At least from what I read online...

Second thing, as seen at the big circles in the first picture, is the shape of the winglets! They are not that circular as they should be...British Parachute Regiment cap badge!

What do you think?

can you post the link ?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Thank you for your reply!
    First thing I don't like is the angle of the cut on the upper feathers...

Here's what an original should look like. At least from what I read online...

Second thing, as seen at the big circles in the first picture, is the shape of the winglets! They are not that circular as they should be...

What do you think?
    OK, if the die flaw is where you show it, then it is a fake, I could not see that on my phone and even now on my laptop its still not that clear.

The other you show as original also has die flaws on it, but as you say it is a good original using the Gaunt die which has 4 known flaws.

If possible, posting decent large size detailed pics really makes it easier to offer opinions.

Interesting your highlighting the upper wing feature, I have one of uncertain heritage that does not have that feature but rather apes the originals. It is good that you can make your own mind up about badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Parachute Regiment cap badge!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just putting this out there, but I like it.
    I cant see anything wrong with it at all, in fact I think it is a nice example.

And the voided crown version is a little more difficult to find i believe(?) I thought Id read somewhere that this is the 1st pattern (1941) version but that may be a collectors myth (?)

Clearer photos, would obviously help, as the sellers are very dark.

Anyway, just my opinion.

British Parachute Regiment cap badge!British Parachute Regiment cap badge!

Thank you guys for your help! So we conclude that it is a nice example?

I try to learn from this site and online searches so that's why I searched first, asked next! I hate posting photos with just "Is it good?"...

Sadly these are the only photos I have of the item... I asked the seller for more and clearer photos and I'll post them as soon as I get them!

Default New photos...

So, I contacted the seller asking more photos and these are the ones he provided... Not enough but better than the first two!
    Hope they are more helpful! If you need close ups tell me and I'll do it myself...

ps. I'm trying to rotate the backside photo but it still keeps uploading upside down for some reason! Sorry about that...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Parachute Regiment cap badge!   British Parachute Regiment cap badge!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast