Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody identify this formation patch ?

Article about: Hi this patch has just come into my possession after my dad found it in a large bag of Stamps he bought today, from what I can think of is that it is possibly a British formation patch possi

Default Can anybody identify this formation patch ?

Hi this patch has just come into my possession after my dad found it in a large bag of Stamps he bought today, from what I can think of is that it is possibly a British formation patch possibly Australian ?. It seems to have a bird like or what i thought a penguin on it, But I can't seem to find it in any of my books or on the Internet. I definitely recognise it from somewhere and It feels a similar quality to other British formation patches I have in my collection. But I can't for the life of me seem to identify it, does anybody have any ideas on it because I'm stuck on this one

Thanks Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody identify this formation patch ?   Can anybody identify this formation patch ?  

British Army 22nd Beach Brigade!.....

Cheers Gunny, I like the way I spent three quarters of an hour looking through books and found nothing, and then you just find an ID instantly :')

I found it by accident a few weeks ago on the IWM site while looking for something else!..
    badge formation 22nd Beach Brigade (INS 6100)

If an original, a quite pricey patch, should be made of waterproof fabric.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It does feel slightly Stiffer than most other patches, like its been water proofed. But I assumed that was just due to age. Also we're there different types of these patches as the only other examples on the IWM website have the more detailed looking penguin in them ?

I have seen them for sale on dealers sites and I think the thread starter is probably a copy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Shop - Regalia think your right on that one there's other dealers selling them for the same price. Still not bad considering it was in a £3 bag of Stamps