Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?

Article about: I found these in my uncle's attic in a box were the following badges. The larger ones are all marked Manchester where my Uncle was born and raised until moving to the U.S. Any ideas on what

shaner
    ?

Default Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?

I found these in my uncle's attic in a box were the following badges. The larger ones are all marked Manchester where my Uncle was born and raised until moving to the U.S.
    Any ideas on what they are?? One badge has a clamp on the back..See pics below

Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?   Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?  

Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?   Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?  

Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?  

Default Re: Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

These date from WW1. The bronze coloured one are for Officers of the Manchester Regiment. The pair are collar dogs, while the one with the prong fitting is a cap badge.

The silver/gilt ones are again WW1 Manchester Regt, but for Other Ranks (enlisted men in US terms). One is for the 2nd Volunteer Battalion.

The fleur de lys is a Boy Scout lapel badge I think? Oddly enough in WW2 the Manchester Regt wore a fleur des lys as a cap badge.

The gilt "pip" is an Officers rank insignia. Looks to be WW2 in date.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

shaner
    ?

Default Re: Can Anyone Identify These Badges ?

Ade,
    Thanks very much for the quick education on these badges. I really appreciate your insight.
    Cheers!