Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

China Burma Blood Chit

Article about: Hello all! I am being offered this blood chit at what seems to be a good deal. I have never owned one of these and am looking for opinions for this one. It compares well to others I have see

?

Default China Burma Blood Chit

Hello all!

I am being offered this blood chit at what seems to be a good deal. I have never owned one of these and am looking for opinions for this one. It compares well to others I have seen in doing some research, material seems like it would be ok for the piece. Seller claims it is made out of leather. The seller also says there is some writing on the back that reads "May Day Ching Way Capt. Fresco". You can faintly see it in the picture. The writing seems to match what would be on an original, yes, i know that anyone can copy a picture but hey, if it wasnt the same that would REALLY be an obvious sign! Any and all opinions would be appreciated on this piece!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Burma Blood Chit   China Burma Blood Chit  

China Burma Blood Chit  

?

Default Re: China Burma Blood Chit

I am not sure about this one, I never trust these unless they have good provenance, also the leather seems very thick to be, I was told real ww2 leather patches and other items were always thin. My opinion on this one is that it is a repro, but I am by far no expert so wait for others to chime in

?

Default Re: China Burma Blood Chit

To be honest that was the same concern I had. The others that I had seen were much thinner than this one, but I have never handled one in person.