Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Civil Defense Warden Sign

Article about: Hi all Got this last year and never thought of posting it here since I guess it strictly isn't Military, but I thought you might be interested anyway. New-old stock. Still have the wax paper

Default Civil Defense Warden Sign

Hi all

Got this last year and never thought of posting it here since I guess it strictly isn't Military, but I thought you might be interested anyway. New-old stock. Still have the wax paper it was sealed in.

Civil Defense Warden Sign

Not seen one before, so thanks for showing it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not seen one before, so thanks for showing it.
    Same for me, not seen one like this before. Interesting item. What period does it date from?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Late 40's or early 50's maybe? I think it is post-war. Was hoping one of the extremely knowledgeable people on here might know.

Jeeze hard to date that one Jase,its in such great condition,is it Steel or Aluminium ?
    Here is my WW2 example,its on Tin Plate and i believe from a Railway Station in Brisbane
    Cheers Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civil Defense Warden Sign  

Quote by jase770 View Post
    Late 40's or early 50's maybe? I think it is post-war. Was hoping one of the extremely knowledgeable people on here might know.
    I wondered if it was 60's or 70's as it looks the same as motor vehicle licence plates from stamped aluminium?
    Regards,

Jerry

I was wondering the same Jerry. Great minds think alike and all that
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Its possible it could be from the 60's I guess.....its in such good condition because it was never used. It was still in its wax paper packing when I got it.

Quote by jase770 View Post
    Its possible it could be from the 60's I guess.....its in such good condition because it was never used. It was still in its wax paper packing when I got it.
    The cold war was a big time for such items, civil defence units were still in use in case of the bomb! In the UK the Civil Defence Corps was stood down in 1968 as it was realised that nowt could be done in case of a Nuclear Attack.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Not being enamelled or tin plate does make it sound 1960s and being pressed makes me lean towards mass production. I've been searching online but haven't found any similar.

Which station Mick, Central, Roma St., South Brisbane or out a bit further?

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast