Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches

Article about: Took some new pics of these and thought I would show them. I have more but they are on uniforms.

Default Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches

Took some new pics of these and thought I would show them. I have more but they are on uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches   Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches

Nice. I particularly like the subtle variations of the 'pregnant kangaroo'.

Regards

Martin

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Nice. I particularly like the subtle variations of the 'pregnant kangaroo'.

Regards

Martin
    That sort of comment would have started a fight 60 or so years back!

Thanks Martin
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    That sort of comment would have started a fight 60 or so years back!

Thanks Martin
    Ha! Ha! I had read somewhere that the 1944 pattern jerboa was referred to as a 'pregant kangaroo' by the troops but by that time, they'd all been produced and it was too late to do anything about it.

Martin

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Ha! Ha! I had read somewhere that the 1944 pattern jerboa was referred to as a 'pregant kangaroo' by the troops but by that time, they'd all been produced and it was too late to do anything about it.

Martin
    Hi Martin,

it is true, the design was not liked but the War department refused to pay to have more made as they had had a lot produced and they were referred to by others as looking like a pregnant Kangaroo, much to the chargrin of those who wore them, though eventually they were worn with pride.
    Regards,

Jerry

Some new additions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches   Cloth shoulder titles and formation patches  

Regards,

Jerry

While not the most martial of things, I rather like the ACC shoulder title. Unsung heroes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    While not the most martial of things, I rather like the ACC shoulder title. Unsung heroes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed Ade, an army marches on its stomach.

3 new arrivals, with the top one being a fairly modern issue I think, but the others from WWII or not long after.

Regards,

Jerry

Default Lancashire Fusiliers cloth shoulder titles

These are something I have never really paid close attention to beyond generally being able to tell the difference between fakes and originals.

However, I currently have a need to do more than that.

I have two pairs of Lancashire Fusiliers titles that are markedly different in dimensions. I know this usually comes down to period but I don't know how that translates into the actual periods of use.

Can someone please advise me to which periods these types belong ?

I think the longer type is the older but I need to know which is appropriate to the early '50s.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards

Mark
    Cloth shoulder titles and formation patchesCloth shoulder titles and formation patches
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."