Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?

Article about: Hello Everyone. i have a lot of patches that do not know much about.This site has been a miracle for me. Ii can spend hours just reading stories and looking at photos.Not to mention how help

Default Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?

Hello Everyone. i have a lot of patches that do not know much about.This site has been a miracle for me. Ii can spend hours just reading stories and looking at photos.Not to mention how helpful folks are .Here is the assortment. and info or significant value of them would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Robert

I was told the Gulf" oil patch was war era possibly and very rare?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?   Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  

Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?   Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  

Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know? 

Smile Re: Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?

Your patches are from the Panama Canal or Canal Zone. What is now called Southern Command.

The MP Brassard looks to be wool with felt stiched on letters.
    Master Sergeant Stripes, definitely 1940's.
    The next three, Canal Zone Police and Customs, the Triangle is older while the nest two are newer versions.
    Overseas bars to indicate 1 bar = 6 months.
    Gulf Oil patch.
    Air Corps/ early Air Force Material Command? A guess, I knew it at one time.
    Railway patch.
    Last one , No clue.

All appear to be from someone who served in Panama.

Default Re: Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?

Hello
    Thanks for the info. The miltary patches were a seperate purchase than the canal related ones. i have uniform and lots of other items from the AAF Material Command patch purchase. Do you think the MP armband is ww2, someone told me they believed it was.

Thanks again
    Rrobert

What does the back of the brassard look like? Materials are definately consistent with WWII but the style is more post Korean War.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by robertispedia View Post
    Hello
    Thanks for the info. The miltary patches were a seperate purchase than the canal related ones. i have uniform and lots of other items from the AAF Material Command patch purchase. Do you think the MP armband is ww2, someone told me they believed it was.

Thanks again
    Rrobert

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    What does the back of the brassard look like? Materials are definately consistent with WWII but the style is more post Korean War.

Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks here is a scan of the back, hope it helps!!!

Thanks again
    Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cool lot of patches need specifics if anyone may know?  

Hi Robert,

That certainly looks WWII to me. Just as an aside the patch that is on the brassard is for the Caribbean Defence Command that was headquartered at Quarry Heights in the Panama Canal Zone so everything ties together very nicely.

Cheers
    Gary