Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A couple air force patches.

Article about: Hello guys! I have a couple air force patches that my grandfather had. I don't know if they are WW2 vintage or post war. Not even sure they are not reproduction pieces. Thanks for looking! T

Default A couple air force patches.

Hello guys!
    I have a couple air force patches that my grandfather had. I don't know if they are WW2 vintage or post war. Not even sure they are not reproduction pieces.
    Thanks for looking!
    Thoughts?

They appear to be Second World War vintage

Thanks humble collector! I had forgotten about them. They have been hanging on the back of my workbench in my garage for 13 years. Also with them was my 1950s U.S. Army kepi. Gotta get some pictures of it.

Nice to see other ppl collecting US items 👍

Thanks humble collector! Still relatively new to collecting but I am trying to branch out from the Third Reich items and looking at different eras to make a multi dimensional collection.

?

They are from the WW2 era. I like AAF items. The bottom one is for the 4th AF and they were stateside during WW2 and covered the lower southwest. Texas to Cali.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil! I think the other is the 1st Air Force. Another 1st AF I had seen had a one between the wings though.

?

The 1st one is the basic AAF patch that they all wore. The who your with was worn on the left and the AAF if you were not assigned to a specific unit yet.(HQor just serving in the AAF) Then lets say you were attached to the 8th AF and came back from the ETO. They would move the 8th AF to the right shoulder sleeve and the AAF on the left . That's my understanding of these.
    I have only started collecting these since 2010ish so if I wrong, there are those here who have MANY years dedicated to these.

And you are quite welcome Carpediem

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I was going to post one of my overseas AAF's but took it with my cell phone and its sideways and did want to post it. I'll do it from work tomorrow. Its a bullion but time has taken its toll. I don't want to be the guy who post sideways pic's after fixing other's and be "That Guy"
    Stay tune to this post tomorrow!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I know what you mean. I have to fix a picture on my 3rd Armored Division uniform post because my phone made it sideways. I have fixed more than a couple myself. I will be fixing mine from the work desktop tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast