Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Danish Insignia--British Connection?

Article about: I recently picked up a small grouping of insignia. With the SAS patch, shoulder titles, and officers pips I think this vet may have been in the British service at some point. I have read abo

Default Danish Insignia--British Connection?

I recently picked up a small grouping of insignia. With the SAS patch, shoulder titles, and officers pips I think this vet may have been in the British service at some point. I have read about a Danish contingent serving with British forces just after WWII but I haven't found any info on their insignia. I know a couple of these pieces are of Danish manufacture. Can anyone shed some light on possible age and info of these items? I'd really appreciate your input!

Thank you!

- - ------- - -

Here are some Danish-made pieces that came with it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Insignia--British Connection?   Danish Insignia--British Connection?  

Danish Insignia--British Connection?   Danish Insignia--British Connection?  

Danish Insignia--British Connection?   Danish Insignia--British Connection?  

there are insignias for the Danish gardehusar regiment, and the patches are for foreign use only. maybe from the Danish Brigade in Germany after the war.

sorry for my bad spellings :-D