Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone know what this is ?

Article about: Hi had this badge for years my uncle fought in North Africa and Italy but sadly died without saying what the badge was, I would appreciate any input please

Default Does anyone know what this is ?

Hi had this badge for years my uncle fought in North Africa and Italy but sadly died without saying what the badge was, I would appreciate any input please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone know what this is ?   Does anyone know what this is ?  

Default Re: Does anyone know what this is ?

I would say it is some kind of Veterans association badge. But I have never seen one like it before so this is an educated guess.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanx Ade I'll research Vets groups

OKW
    ?

Beja is a place in Tunisia, there are CWGC ,U.S and German cemetries in the area. As the sword is passing through the panzer possibly anti tank or an armoured units unofficial emblem.

Thanks for that maybe that would explain the R.A. badge he had :-)

At last it's a Beja Battle Badge of 172nd Field Regiment R.A. I found this description on an auction site : Royal Regiment of Artillery, a fine example of the famous ‘Beja Battle Badge’ ‘Designed and awarded by the C.O. Lt. Col. W. D. McN. Graham to members of the 172nd Field Battery RA for their gallantry in the battle against the German 10th Panzer Division at SIDI NSIR, TUNISIA, where 155 Battery fought to the last gun and virtually the last man on 26 February 1943, and the subsequent battle at HUNTS GAP, BEJA where 153 and 154 Batteries took just revenge for their lost comrades of 155 Battery’ (Dix Noonan Webb)

Thanks for update! Very interesting. (I have now moved this thread to the correct allied forum.)

Cheers, Ade.

?

That is quite a rare beast you got there, one just sold for £305.00 on ebay.

Quote by LucN View Post
    That is quite a rare beast you got there, one just sold for £305.00 on ebay.
    I've always liked it and sadly my uncle passed away long before I could ask about it. I think I'll keep it in the family for as long as I can thanx LucN for the info.