Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A few U.S. items

Article about: I figured I would post a few US items. The 1st grouping came from a local 87th Inf. Div. veteran who was a silver star recipient and you can see the purple hearts with clusters. The 1st Army

Default A few U.S. items

I figured I would post a few US items. The 1st grouping came from a local 87th Inf. Div. veteran who was a silver star recipient and you can see the purple hearts with clusters. The 1st Army patch came with the items he gave me. When he returned to the US he lived in NY and in 1946 the 1st HQ was at Ft. Jay so maybe he was transferred there and picked this up.

The 2nd case sits on my writing desk. It is not organized and is a little bit of everything. The theatre made patches all came with the Air Transport patch at the top. I have not been able to find out what unit's motto was "we take the rocky road." Maybe someone knows on here. I assume its an 8th or 9th AF unit because they came with some RAF items. The 15th AF patch didn't come with them that came from a 463rd BG 773rd BS veteran I interviewed a few years back. The ribbons are from all over but the three mounted medals and the ribbon bars that are a set with WWII & Korea came from a single individual. I need to do some research because of the Distinguished Flying Cross ribbon and see who those belonged to. They came in an eye glass case marked for a Major but the name is scribbled.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few U.S. items   A few U.S. items  

?

Default Re: A few U.S. items

Nice display. Wish my cases were so neat. Could you post the patch in question on the U.S. Militaria forum? Somebody there will know. Rich A. in Pa.

?

here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images A few U.S. items 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Wow!! thank you Zwerge!!! I have been looking for several months now and couldn't find anything!

?

On Google you can find everything,I just typed in,,,,,,motto we take the rocky road........I had the answer in 2 minutes.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    On Google you can find everything,I just typed in,,,,,,motto we take the rocky road........I had the answer in 2 minutes.
    I tried that but didn't see anything. I even tried Bing and Yahoo but that photo never came up. Thanks again!

?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE