Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Force 135 Liberation Flash.

Article about: This flash was issued to the troops on the 3rd of May 1945. It was to be worn on the left upper sleeve by all personnel of the Force, and was to replace all other formation signs. Force 135

Default Force 135 Liberation Flash.

This flash was issued to the troops on the 3rd of May 1945. It was to be worn on the left upper sleeve by all personnel of the Force, and was to replace all other formation signs. Force 135 Liberated the Channel Islands on the 9th May 1945 after 5 years of German Occupation. There are a number of different examples out there in the collecting world, but this example type is the one that without doubt is 100% original to the period. I have 3 or 4 examples of this flash and they have come direct from the veterans themselves and they are all of the same type. Over the years copies have been made at various times and I believe they are all different to what is shown here. I am always happy to stand corrected but for me there is only one flash type and this is it.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Force 135 Liberation Flash.  

?

Hello Jersey
    many thanks !!
    cordially
    Didier