Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with badge identification Dieges and Clust

Article about: I recently acquired this badge along with some German imperial items. I realised that the screwback fixing on the back was not typical of the German prodouced items and quickly discovered th

Default Help with badge identification Dieges and Clust

I recently acquired this badge along with some German imperial items. I realised that the screwback fixing on the back was not typical of the German prodouced items and quickly discovered the Dieges and Clust the maker of this badge were based in New York, USA. But the badge itself does has a teutonic look to it. Does anyone recognise this or able to provide any additional information? Any comments appreciated.

Help with badge identification Dieges and ClustHelp with badge identification Dieges and Clust

Eleanor
    ?

Default Re: Help with badge identification Dieges and Clust

Richard,
    I have found the identical pin amongst my father's belongings. Have you gotten any responses to your inquiry. If you have, I am greatly interested in finally finding out what the pin is. Thank you.

I have seen American-made insignia that was produced for German veterans of the Franco-Prussian War(1870-71), who had immigrated to the US and established veteran's societies. As this firm was established in 1898 and designed/produced military and civilian medals alike, I'd say this is such a veteran's pin...Here is a German Veteran's Medal from Lacrosse, Wisconsin, 1893...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with badge identification Dieges and Clust  
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-01-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Eleanor
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I have seen American-made insignia that was produced for German veterans of the Franco-Prussian War(1870-71), who had immigrated to the US and established veteran's societies. As this firm was established in 1898 and designed/produced military and civilian medals alike, I'd say this is such a veteran's pin...Here is a German Veteran's Medal from Lacrosse, Wisconsin, 1893...
    cheers, Glenn
    I checked and found that Dieges & Clust was established in 1898. The pin was originally pinned to, what I think they call the style "overseas hats". The color was an extremely dark blue, almost black color. I took the pin off for safe keeping, which was lucky because the hat was stolen. The picture that Richard posted was identical to my pin, except above the Dieges & Clust on the reverse side, "plated" was imprinted above the name and my pin appears to be more gold in color. I may be mistaken that it belonged to my father, because if it is from WW1, it could have been my great-grandfather's. He also fought for the German side. I appreciate any help that you may offer. Thanks. El

I'm pretty sure it's a German Veteran's Pin...The background "Star" is also often seen on WWI German/Prussian Garde (Guard) Veteran's Pins...as you can see by this example...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with badge identification Dieges and Clust