Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help finding a patch

Article about: Hey guys i bought a couple of service jackets within the last year that have missing pieces (patches collar discs etc) so i am trying to complete them. The one i am currently focusing on has

Default Help finding a patch

Hey guys i bought a couple of service jackets within the last year that have missing pieces (patches collar discs etc) so i am trying to complete them. The one i am currently focusing on has a third army patch on one shoulder and i have been trying to find an infantry unit patch tied to the third army to put on the other shoulder. Unfortunately these jackets don't have the story behind whose they were so i can put which ever unit i want but so far my research is hitting dead ends as far as i have been able to find only the 2nd infantry division and the 90th infantry division are tied to the third army, are there more that i've been missing? Any help is appreciated as always Thanks guys have a pleasant day.

Carter.

If you refer to the US Third Army, here is some more information on the units. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. World War II unit histories & officers

Thanks this helped a lot

so any of those units at the bottom were attatched to the US third army?

As far as I know, yes. You can select the ones that are linked to find out more about each unit.

Excellent! thank you very much roger