Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help IDing a couple of unit formation badges.

Article about: Dear Forum, Annoyed from this ads?   I was hoping that somebody could help me with these two badges? Many thanks Paul

Default Help IDing a couple of unit formation badges.

Dear Forum,

I was hoping that somebody could help me with these two badges?

Many thanks

Paul

Help IDing a couple of unit formation badges.Help IDing a couple of unit formation badges.

CBH
    ?

The top is 56th armoured TA division , and the bottom is a formation R.E.M.E.

CBH
    ?

Some additional information , in 1947 the 56th (London) Division became an armoured T.A. division and adopted a new emblem , the knight's helmet and sword , more suited to its new role . In 1950 , however , the wartime badge, Dick Whittington's Cat, was resumed , now with a sword superimposed on the cat . So it looks like it was only on issue for 3 years .
    Cheers

reme southern command
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by CBH View Post
    Some additional information , in 1947 the 56th (London) Division became an armoured T.A. division and adopted a new emblem , the knight's helmet and sword , more suited to its new role . In 1950 , however , the wartime badge, Dick Whittington's Cat, was resumed , now with a sword superimposed on the cat . So it looks like it was only on issue for 3 years .
    Cheers
    The slightly later post war cat version. these come in a handed pair whilst the wartime version without the swords did not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help IDing a couple of unit formation badges.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.