Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Home front red cross badge ?

Article about: Hello, I picked up a small enamel pin badge today in a local charity shop, I suspect it dates from WW2, it is a small circular badge with a kings crown on top, it has lettering round the sid

jwp
    ?

Default Home front red cross badge ?

Hello, I picked up a small enamel pin badge today in a local charity shop, I suspect it dates from WW2, it is a small circular badge with a kings crown on top, it has lettering round the side in red enamel which reads : Red cross agriculture fund, the centre of the badge is a white cross, the badge is in great condition, maker marked to Gaunt, I have found a few examples by googling but no explanation as to the badges history, the cross in white enamel intrigues me, any thoughts would be much appreciated,
    Kind regards,
    John.

Looks like a Red cross agriculture fundraising badge/pin.

Could of been used to raise funds or was worn by the fundraiser person itself.

jwp
    ?

Thanks for that, you are correct as I managed to find the following : "The Duke of Gloucester's Appeal was launched in 1939 and was based around the county committees of the National Farmers Union, funds were raised around the agricultural community by the organisation of garden fetes, horse shows and gymkhanas and the auctions of donated livestock sold in aid of the fund."

many thanks,
    John.Home front red cross badge ?