Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Home Guard Insignia

Article about: I'm sure, like me, others on the forum have noticed how much interest Home Guard items are getting with corresponding increase of asking prices, I have seen shoulder flashes with correspondi

Default Home Guard Insignia

I'm sure, like me, others on the forum have noticed how much interest Home Guard items are getting with corresponding increase of asking prices, I have seen shoulder flashes with corresponding sector/area idents going for £100 a set at one of my regular local militaria fairs.........so I was pleased to pick these items up recently at auction, the letter looks authentic albeit with what looks like something missing from the top part, whether it relates to the insignia or not who knows but the wording of the dedication is quite poignant..........we should'nt forget that these part timers would have been there on the beaches ready to fight if it had ever came to an invasion and I'm sure they would have had no illusions about their chances, that takes guts...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Insignia   Home Guard Insignia  

I have been told that the red square is worn on its point as a diamond as sign the wearer had a proficiency.....but what this might mean I do not know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Insignia  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, a very nice matched set, the certificate is a good original as well. Leon.