Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I need help identifying this patch

Article about: Wow! Fantastic! Thanks so much. I'll see if I can find this on the internet as well. If you know of any links to information on this badge, please share. Thanks, Richard

Default I need help identifying this patch

My grandmother was an Army nurse during WWII. She stayed here in the US during the war but apparently cared for soldiers while stationed at Camp Shelby. She collected patches of all sorts from the soldiers and I have a few I can't identify. This patch is top on my list. For search purposes I am going to describe this as a white three (3) leaf clover or club on top of a red cross. If someone can better describe the items on the patch, please let me know that too, so it will improve my internet searches for this item.

?

Default Re: I need help identifying this patch

I don't recognize it as American. Could you show the back please.
    SteveR

I personally thought it was German, but I posted it in that area of the forum, and someone there suggested that it might be American. My Grandmother had both American and German patches in her collection. Here is a picture of the back. I apologize for the quality, I didn't have as much light as when I took the picture of the front of the patch.

Thanks! Richard

?

Hi Richard
    French Boy-Scout patch
    cordially
    Didier

Really? Wow! That is great information. Do you know where I might be able to find information on this patch on the internet? I have searched and searched and searched and I continue to come up empty handed. Is it an old patch? Is it still in use today? I assume it is old because of the fact it was with WW2 era patches my Grandmother collected while an Army Nurse during WW2. Thanks so much for your help Didier.
    Richard

?

Hi richard
    here is a link, you can see yours in " Insigne France"- "Scout de France"
    Honneur au Scoutisme
    cordially
    Didier

That is totally awesome!! Thank you so much for helping me find this information!! Here is a direct link to the page with the insignia: Insignes Scouts de France

My Grandfather, who also fought in WW2, fought in France and befriended a young french boy while there. I have a couple pictures of this young boy and it appears that he is wearing some sort of formal clothing. I wonder if it was a French Scouts outfit and that maybe he collected this patch from him. I'll post a picture hopefully in the next day or two of this young man and maybe someone can determine if his dress is Scout s or not.
    Thank you again for helping me with this mystery badge!!
    Richard

Since you were able to identify this one, I have one more that I cannot identify, that might just go with this one. I wonder if this is a Scouts of France badge of some sort. I looked through that site you linked me to, but I was not able to find a badge that looked similar to this one.

I looks like a hand-writing or penmanship badge for the girl or boy scouts, but I have not been able to find it.

Thanks,
    Richard

?

Hi Richard
    boy scout, too
    brevet de secrétaire Service du Prochain
    Patent (Certificate) of secretary Service of the Fellow man
    cordially
    Didier

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast