Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!

Article about: Hi, I got all these at a flea market and I think they are helmet decals. Can someone tell me what each one is for specifically? Looking for help on age of decals as well.. Pictures below and

Default I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!

Hi, I got all these at a flea market and I think they are helmet decals. Can someone tell me what each one is for specifically? Looking for help on age of decals as well.. Pictures below and thank you all for your help.
    Nicole

I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!

Default Re: I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!

Cold War-era rank insignia for the 28th Division?

Default Re: I purchased a whole bunch of helmet decals at a flea market and need help identifying!!

you usually see decals like these on 1950's era m1 helmet liners.

?

28th. Division/213th. A.A.A. D.I.decals. Pennsylvania related. 231th. is in Allentown. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

"213th. A.A.A. D.I." what does this mean?

?

213 th. Anti Aircraft Artillery Distinctive Unit Insiginia. Armory is located at 15th. street in Allentown.Pa.. Rich A in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

fschuster
    ?

That's quite a find! I've done several years with the 28th ID, and know quite a few people, including myself, who hold a great deal of esteem for such things. They are definitely 1950s decals. They would have had the keystone with rank in the front, and the unit crest on one side and the "patch" on the other. I have only seen a handful of liners with these applied, though I can imagine most were destroyed with time (My father told me he used to buy them for 50 cents when he was a kid to play war games).

Due to the design of the rank shown in the first pic at the top right,
    these are likely late 1950's-1960's decals. Great find.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I have a whole bunch of them as you can see and will keep a few for myself but certainly don't need to hold on to all of them. I am a small time collector but would be willing to sell some of these if anyone wants any. Of course selling was not my intention on posting here I just see some interest and if I can share in something someone else will truely enjoy, that would make me happy. I want to thank you everyone who posted, your information was a big help and much appreciated. I love this website. No matter what crazy things I find at yard sale or flea markets there's always wonderful people on here that are willing to help me identify. Facebook smacebook, THIS website is the sh*t, lol. Love this site
    Nicole

WOW that is a great haul. Did the person have any other military items or just what you bought?