Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Japanese Cigarete case

Article about: i guess this in the decoration/spiols of war section,.i didnt know what area to post this. but this cigarette case was given to my grandfather by a doctor in hiroshima japan in 1945 while my

Default Japanese Cigarete case

i guess this in the decoration/spiols of war section,.i didnt know what area to post this.
    but this cigarette case was given to my grandfather by a doctor in hiroshima japan in 1945 while my grandfather
    was on a United Nations relief effort mission,my grandfather was a scientist & was testing the earth after the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima & Nagosaki,& doing minesweeping & varoius UN missions,.on the case it is written,various japanese engravings,boats/architecture/fans/& outline of japan itself,also engraved are cities & towns,.,.HAKODATE,AOMORI,TOKYO/YOKOHAMA,KYOTO/OSAKA,HIROSHIMA,SASEHO. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8267.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	504610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8316.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	504609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8341.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	504611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8307.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	504613

Default Re: Japanese Cigarete case

A great little item. It always amazes me how quickly items were made for as souvenirs for Allied Servicemen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Japanese Cigarete case

very unique item, Neat about the history behind it