Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated

Article about: Almost looks hand made,large eagle patch,ww1,ww2,older?Anyone ever seen one?Got this at a widows yardsale many years ago,was her husbands,it was nailed to an old wiskey barrel,always wondere

Default Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated

Looks hand made,large eagle patch,ww1,ww2,older?.Got this at a widows yardsale many years ago,was her husbands,it was nailed to an old wiskey barrel,always wondered what it was,sure looks over 100 years old.Dont know if military or just a patriotic eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated   Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated  

Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated   Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated  

Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated   Large old eagle patch,what is it?info appreciated  

Looks very nice Bald Eagle but I can't really comment on it, but it looks nicer than my bird that crapped on my good shirt!

Thanks Rene!Even with the bird doodoo its a nice shirt!Dont be too hard on the guy!

All good she's being the pirates good bird Mate.

?

Looks like a patriotic piece to me definitely has some age, most likely predates the 1940s

I wonder if this may have been removed from a flag??

Smitty

?

Style kind of reminds me of some of the motorcycle jacket patches you see.

Thanks guys!It does look like it could have been removed from a flag.It was removed from something anyway,may be one of a kind,if handmade,its not semetrical,definatly not a machine made patch.Looks like civil war style eagle.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 11-25-2018 at 07:39 PM.