Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Middlesex Regiment badge query

Article about: please see the attached photos of Middlesex Regiment badges/backings. I'm assuming that the coloured backings are for the cap & collar badges. Is that correct? The larger 'backing' squar

Default Middlesex Regiment badge query

please see the attached photos of Middlesex Regiment badges/backings. I'm assuming that the coloured backings are for the cap & collar badges. Is that correct? The larger 'backing' square is 2 x 2 inches - could it be a sleeve badge?

Also, the 3 collar badges, can someone tell me what the differences are? All brass, bi-metal & white metal.

Many thanks

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Middlesex Regiment badge query   Middlesex Regiment badge query  

No idea on the small cloth badge, but the larger would be worn on the upper sleeve or on a sun helmet or sun hat.

The variations in collars are a study in their own right, probably reflecting different orders of dress, either service dress, or blues/dress uniforms, also possibly for WO's rather than OR's. Get a copy of Churchill's British Army infantry collar badges if you really want to know, though try and get the first edition as the reprint has crappy pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

many thanks Jerry - hadn't thought of the pith helmet! Point taken about the collar badge book

regards, dave

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    many thanks Jerry - hadn't thought of the pith helmet! Point taken about the collar badge book

regards, dave
    Dave, the book is well worth having but get the early print run as I have the reprint and the pics are awful
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.